Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have blue lights that shine out from my washer jets on my car,i was wondering if its legal to do this?

In the UK, the use of any blue light or reflector on any vehicle other than an emergency vehicle is illegal. Only the other week, I saw a car stopped by police for having exactly the type of lights that you describe. The driver had to disconnect them at the roadside before being allowed to continue his journey.I have blue lights that shine out from my washer jets on my car,i was wondering if its legal to do this?
the person who gave you your answer is a man - check profile Report Abuse
I have blue lights that shine out from my washer jets on my car,i was wondering if its legal to do this?
That sounds really good, but I don't think it is legal. But who cares if it looks cool.
Well, it's about time bad taste was outlawed, but I don't think our prisons could hold 60 million people.
impersonating a police car is a serious offence. but i see lots of people doin it so they may not be enforcing it that severely as long as they don't start flashing u should be OK ish. the cop could be having a bad day
Quite simply..if you are in the UK you must not show any Blue light on the outside of your vehicle...IT IS ILLEGAL
no, as long as they don't shine into oncoming vehicles, truck drivers shine a purple light down the windshield from the top to take some of the glare from oncoming headlights, doesn't really help though.
no. Have some self respect and take them off
no they are not legal for use on the public road,


You would be best off installing a switch onto your car so you can show off to your freinds when parked up but when on the road turn them off otherwise the plod may RIP them out, (I have seen this done)
It's certainly not recommendable, and might even be illegal.
Not sure whether it's legal, but it sure sounds tacky.





Who do you think you are Michael Knight?





Get back to Essex and stay there.
I think it depends on your local/state laws. Not all are the same.
I use to have them on my wheels and was told to take them off because any blue light is illegal. I don't know if this is true but you might try looking up state driving laws for your state that should tell you.
legal may depend on where you are but isn't that kinda dumb.
not sure! but i think it looks sh*t sorry! it can cause other cars to have accidents as if you glance in ya miior and just see the blue you think it is an emergency service
Most modding things are marked for show purposes only! The majority of things light blue lights, heavy tints, spinners on wheels etc are classed as road illegal!
I don't think it's legal!
Simple answer. It is illegal to show any lights not required under the Road Traffic Act. That includes fog and spot lights in clear conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment