Thursday, January 7, 2010

Smelly washer???

I dont know if anyone has had this happen before, but, I wash a load of laundry and then put it in the dryer...but when the clothes come out they have a bad smell! What would be causing this and how do I get rid of it?? Is it the washer? The dryer? They dont smell clean! I dont get it.Smelly washer???
I too would run a cycle with just vinegar or bleach and no clothes. Also, don't over load the washer or dryer with clothes. If your loads are too large the clothes will not swish and get clean in the wash. Then you put them in the dryer and they didn't get clean, that too would cause your clothes to not smell clean. On super dirty loads of wash, add some baking soda or Oxi-Clean to the water. That too will cut down on the smell and give your detergent a boost.Smelly washer???
Run an empty load with a cup of bleach only in the washer, set it for large/full load and hot water.


That should clean up the washer.


I'm not sure about the dryer, if thats where the odor is, you may need a pro if its gas, and your clothes smell like gas, or , if its electric and smells burnt, then you may have something on the heating element. If it neither smells like burn or gas then try a fabric softener sheet in the dryer and see if that helps.
I don't know what it is but if it is the washer I hear you are suppose to do a cycle with no cloths and put lemon juice in it....I never done it before but I hear it works!!
i have the same problem.this is the first front load washer i have had in 35 years.if i only could have my old one back! i use everything.sometimes vinegar,boraxo,soda,bleach and amonia.it's really the pits!!! my daughter just got the red LG set from lowes in April for $2,000 and has the same problem.leaving the door ajar doesn't do any good.
When washing your clothes add 1 cup of plain white vinegar in with the soap, and leave the lid open when you take the clothes out. so moisture doesn't start to make it smelly.
I would try running it empty with baking soda in the water. That usually gets rid of evil smells.

No comments:

Post a Comment