Thursday, January 7, 2010

If I connect 2 pressure washer pumps to a motor, will I get double the output????? help?

ok here is the situation, I have two 3000PSI pressure washer pumps, and a gas engine, If I took both and connected them to the motor, supplied enough water flow and used a coupler to join the output on both, will I get 6000psi of water pressure or will I end up creating back pressure and possibly damaging the pums, or will I get killed in the process.





I hope someone with an engeniering degree reads this, maybe I can get a valid answer. oh and forgive me for my spelling disaster here....he he heIf I connect 2 pressure washer pumps to a motor, will I get double the output????? help?
Pressure does not add up like that. If both pumps put out 3000 psi then the pressure would be 3000 psi.





If there was a large difference in pressures between the two pumps, you could create some back pressure for the smaller pump, this pump would back up on its pump curve and its output gpm would go down. If it is to great a pressure difference for the pump, the pump could spin or even cavitate which then could cause problems.





But, you have one motor connecting to 2 washers, you might not even get 3000 psi since the horsepower from that motor is being shared since the motor is now seeing twice the load. Check what the motor HP is and what HP is required by each washer.





I think you are safe so far ;)If I connect 2 pressure washer pumps to a motor, will I get double the output????? help?
This question has already been answered. I'm not sure why you keep posting it.
  • worms
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment