Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sent my ';LG Chocolate'; cell phone through the washer and dryer,?

I know, bone headed move but too late now to correct the mistake. Is there any hope for this phone at all or is it toast. I took it apart and everything is dry. I'm guessing a chip got fried or something. Anyone else ever save one after water exposure?Sent my ';LG Chocolate'; cell phone through the washer and dryer,?
Once in awhile you can get lucky. I seen a phone get washed and then work days later. I haven't seen one go through washer and dryer though. :(


If you have insurance then it will be covered. a $50 deductible will be all the will cost to replace the phone. If you don't have insurance then replacing it for the same phone will run you about 299.99 . If you don't have insurance I would browse ebay for a replacement if the 299.99 price for full retail is too steep.Sent my ';LG Chocolate'; cell phone through the washer and dryer,?
I dropped my 5300 in a drink and it dried out, but the screen was flawed. Also, what everyone else had said was dead wrong. If you have insurance, it does not cover water damage. Dry it out with a hairdryer, and you might have a chance but its unlikely.
Was unable to save the chocolate. And if you're moisture stickers are ruined, hope you got the insurance. Costs 50 to replace the phone but that's the only option.
Sounds like it is toast to me, insurance will proably not cover the replacement either. Mine didn't when it was dropped into the drainage ditch at work and got water logged.
Is it still work? I hope it wasn't on and then it would have been fried.. but maybe at the most to replace a piece or two..
Even if you can get the power on, the minerals in the water will render the keys useless in a short while. Expensive mistake, there.

No comments:

Post a Comment