Sunday, December 20, 2009

I accidentally ran my camera through my washer...now what?

The camera itself works fine, and the memory card isn't ruined. It's the battery. It's a rechargable Sony lithium battery, and it's a Type G. I have the Sony cybershot, it's black and slim. If that helps.


So it's been almost 3 months since this happened, and would putting the battery in rice help? Like make it work? Everytime I go to charge it, the charger blinks, and then it stops charging it...


Help please?I accidentally ran my camera through my washer...now what?
The purpose of the rice remedy is to draw moisture out of the crevices of a recently-submerged device. If it's been three months since the incident then all of the water should have evaporated by now so the rice will serve no purpose. The battery is most probably dead. If you're positive that the camera is fine then all you'll need to do is purchase a replacement battery.I accidentally ran my camera through my washer...now what?
oops! well the obvious get a new battery but to be on the safe side i'd get it checked at a camera shop just incase any chemicals may be leaking and could cause an unexpected explosion or fire. good luck
Call Sony for better solutions.. or,if u have no other way,buy a new battery.. sucks coz t wont be the original one..and i know it maters coz ive been an owners of numerous cameras too..
  • worms
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment