Sunday, December 20, 2009

Water level in my front loading washer is near zero!!! is this common??

MY FIRST FRONT LOADER, AND I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH THE AMOUNT OF WATER IN THE TUB. THERE IS ALSO NO CONTROL FOR WATER LEVELS. IT IS AUTOMATIC. THE CLOTHES GET WET, BUT THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL WATER IN THE MACHINE. LOWES AND FRIGIDAIRE ARE TELLING ME THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. I DID A LOAD OF TOWELS WITH AN EXTRA RINSE, AND AFTER DRYING, PUT A TOWEL IN THE SINK AND ADDED WATER, AND HAD SUDS COME OFF THE TOWEL. I AM USING 1/2 THE ';HE'; SOAP IT SAID TO USE,


SO THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM.


SO, MY QUESTION IS THIS: IS THIS THE WAY YOUR MACHINE IS, OR DO I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MINE??





DO YOU THINK YOUR CLOTHES ARE GETTING CLEAN?





WHEN THE WATER ENTERS THE MACHINE, IT IS ONLY FOR ABOUT 8-10 SECONDS, AND THEN IT STOPS. THAT IS ALL THE WATER I GET!!!





THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!Water level in my front loading washer is near zero!!! is this common??
Front-loaders are energy and water efficient. And they're right, there are no controls for water level. The machine goes by the weight of the clothes. I have one and it uses very little water. Yes, my clothes get clean. However, my water runs several times for about ten seconds. You need to call the manufacturer. I know this is frustrating, but it sounds like a new machine and should still be under warranty. Good luck. I hate to not be able to use my machine because it's not working right.Water level in my front loading washer is near zero!!! is this common??
Try the manufacturer. You should be able to see some water in there. If you overfill with clothes you will not see water either. Front loaders are meant to use less water and soap. If you have time fill and then the pressure to the machine is low you would have a problem too. Ask to have a company rep come out to your home. I repaired appliances and on occasion if we got someone we needed to give a little extra care to we would ask a rep to stop by. They also know about some of the little idiosyncrasies of some of the machines.
Sounds normal, mine does the same....if you have very soft water you may only need about 1/4 the detergent. The installer told me ..if you see suds in the door window during the wash cycle... you are using too much. keep cutting back on the soap....if it is still in warranty and you are not satisfied make Frigidare give you a service call but I think you will like it soon. We have had ours 2 years and my husband has a really dirty job but his clothes are cleaner and our water bill has gone down. Also, most towels do better with soap only every other wash with a hot water wash in between....think about it...most bath towels are only used AFTER you have washed... I know we have an obssesion in this country about dirt but it really isn't necessary for bath towels, hand towels, maybe...washclothes, yes.
have you called the manufacturer?





that would be a good place to start
  • worms
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment