Sunday, December 20, 2009

use Sun liquid laundry detergent. Can I drain my washer on my garden without damaging myself, my garden.

I use Sun liquid laundry detergent. Can I drain my washer on my garden without hurting myself, my garden, or the environment? use Sun liquid laundry detergent. Can I drain my washer on my garden without damaging myself, my garden.
This is called ';grey water'; and we have used it for years on our veggies too..I am 52 with no major illnesses..other than my back from overworked...It is totally bidegradable and they get phospherous from this... I was raised on a farm in the country..Everyone I know has done this for years..I still raise a garden and water it with it..I am on a well and septic system but all of my water from my washer goes to a drain to the garden.. use Sun liquid laundry detergent. Can I drain my washer on my garden without damaging myself, my garden.
I use Sun liquid laundry detergent also.





Although I don't drain my washer into my garden any more, I used to. I've moved and now my washer drainage is set up so that draining it like this isn't possible. I miss being able to do this!





In the past I used washer-water to water everything, including my vegetable garden. Sun doesn't have phosphorous (most detergents don't nowdays anyway), so it won't hurt the environment or your plants.





This sort of water is called ';gray'; water. You may want to look at websites that address this sort of water recycling, such as:


http://organicgardens.suite101.com/artic鈥?/a>


There are some cautions and limitations regarding using gray water, so you'll want to educate yourself before you start.



It is perfectly fine for a flower garden but I wouldn't put it in my vegetable garden. Detergent is environment safe and will not hurt yourself. I also save my dish washing water for my flower bed and they are thriving and booming well. You are actually helping the environment by recycling water.
I'd use the water on the lawn or trees but not on plalnts that you plan to eat just to be on the safe side.
  • worms
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment