Thursday, December 24, 2009

My 91 s10 pickup wipers and washer stopped working ,,what could be wrong?

If both the wipers and washer are out, chances are it is that the fuse has blown. The same one covers both, a 25 Amp just above the turn signal flasher. If it keeps blowing, unplug the washer pump and try it again.





Let me know if the fuse is OK. I have a complete set of troubleshooting charts for the wipers on this vehicle. I downloaded them to work on a '91 S-10, but it turned out it was just the ground strap was crusty. LOLMy 91 s10 pickup wipers and washer stopped working ,,what could be wrong?
i'd take a punt at the lever or whatever you have that switches it on is busted. it's unlikely that both of them have stopped working at the same time. anyway, your best bet is to go see a mechanic (unless you want to try it out yourself, seeing as since it's a 1991 model your new car warranty should have expired). nothing against yahoo answers, but for some things it's just not your best option, because all the information we get is what you type. a mechanic can pull your car apart; we can't.My 91 s10 pickup wipers and washer stopped working ,,what could be wrong?
Don't know about the 91 S-10, but had the same problem on my 98. Look on the back firewall. That is usually where the motor is located. If like my 98, take off the cover of the motor and you will see a small printed circuit board - replace it.
I've had mine out and apart on my '95. The circuit board that's mounted in the motor housing is suseptable to moisture! They look to be a pretty poorly designed assembly. Good luck! ;-)=
My husband says for starters, to check your fuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment